Congratulations, and thank you for considering Comprehensive Pediatrics to care for your newborn.
As your due date approaches, here are some things you might consider:
- Comprehensive Pediatrics is affiliated with NY Methodist Hospital and Lutheran Medical Center in Brooklyn, and Staten Island University Hospital and Richmond University Medical Center in Staten Island. These are all teaching hospitals with full neonatal ICU's, Pediatric Teaching Staffs and Pediatric Residents.
- If you will be delivering at any of these Medical Centers, please inform your Obstetrician and the neonatal nurse will automatically contact Comprehensive Pediatrics, and one of our Pediatricians will come to examine your newborn and speak with you every day you are in the hospital. Newborn care will be reviewed and any questions regarding the care of the new child will be answered.
- The day you and your baby are discharged, our Pediatricians will automatically make an appointment for your newborn to be seen at one of our private offices (Saturdays and Sundays included). As per the American Academy of Pediatrics, all newborns are seen within 48 hours after discharge.
- We recognize this is a very exciting but demanding time for you and your family, and we will assist you in making this process as effortless as possible.
We welcome you to visit with us! A no cost pre-natal consultation with a Pediatrician and a tour of our facility is an excellent way to learn more about us. This is an ideal time for you and your Pediatrician to review your present pre-natal history and any prior pregnancies and deliveries. A review of neonatal care and what to expect during your stay in the hospital and at your first visit with us will be discussed.
New to the Area? Thinking of Changing Pediatricians?
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and your children. A no-cost consultation with one of our pediatricians and a tour of the office can be conveniently scheduled. Concerns regarding all aspects of care of your child can be reviewed at this time. If you wish we can also facilitate the transfer of your child's medical records.
- You can find great information about what to expect at the following links to the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Prenatal Information
- The Child Safety Guide for New and Expecting Parents by Christian J. Bezick
- What to Expect When You're Expecting by Heidi Murkoff
- Your Amazing Newborn by Marshall Klaus and Phyllis Klaus